Whether you're a complete beginner to needle felting or have some experience making 3D models there's something for everyone in this set of videos.
Felt along with me while I help you make a basic core model which you can customise and add coloured wool as you like or even use it to make a variety of animals.
The videos are broken down into workable chunks so that you can follow along at your own pace.
Here are some of the things we'll be working on together- Making a simple wire shape to needle felt around
- The technique of adding wool to wire
- How to add wire legs and cover with wool
- Building the head and neck
- Overall body shaping
- Juicy tips and pitfalls explained as I go
There are no secrets here!
I talk through all of my own experiences as if you were right there with me. I show you how I overcome problems and give you all the juicy tips that I wish I'd known when I first started.
This is a great tutorial to help you progress your 3D felting from beginner level.
- A short list of things you need for the tutorial
- Terms and Conditions
- Video 1 - A short introduction to the tools you need for the tutorial and how to shape the first wire
- Video 2 - In this video we'll be covering your wire with a simple but effective technique
- Video 3 - Front legs part I
- Video 4 - Front legs part II
- Video 5 - In this video I show you how to bend and attach wire back legs
- Video 6 - We then go on to cover the wire legs we attached in the previous video
- Video 7 - In this video we take a moment to firm and shape our model before moving on to the next stage
- Video 8 - In this video we focus on building the head and neck of our model
- Video 9 - In this video I'll show you how to make simple ears that will finish off your model and make it look great!
- Video 10 - Well done for sticking with it!