In this set of videos I’ll guide you in making a basic core model needle felt sitting dog that you can make into any breed you want!
Join me as I take you through every part of the making of this model step by step. I’ll talk you through exactly what I’m doing, the videos are not too long either and each chapter is broken down into easy manageable parts.
Great for when you want to take a break so you can pick up easily where you left off.
There are no secrets here!
It’s not difficult when you know how. And this course is full of my own tips and experience of YEARS of making detailed and lifelike needle felt dogs for happy customers – and now it’s my turn to share that with you!
Just so that you are clear, this series of tutorials is for you if you:
- Are a beginner and are looking for a comprehensive and detailed series of tutorials that don’t keep the juicy tips of 'how to' a secret from you!
- LOVE making needle felt dogs and are looking to take your work to the next level
- Have always wanted to attend one of my dog workshops, but live too far away
- Secretly think it’s WAY TOO SOON to try anything as complicated as a dog!
BUT let me just say that it’s never too soon to learn the advanced techniques which you might be putting off.
I’m going to show you how to do everything from start to finish, so that you can learn skills that’ll help you progress your felting to the next level.
Just FYI - you can easily adapt it to make whatever breed you like.
Don’t forget that it’s the techniques in these videos that will help you progress.
And once you have this course – you can download it to keep forever and when you want to progress to a different breed you can follow along and adapt it as you need.
This is what Jane from Bradford says about my tutorials
“The tutorials are fantastic- I feel confident that I can move my needle felting on, having been a keen but not always competent felter for 2 years!”
What you’ll learn
- How I tackle 3D wire work in a REALLY EASY way so that your model can be positioned with confidence and will be sturdy and strong.
- Learn the basics about body shaping, proportion and how to get a realistic shape to your model – what to do and what to avoid.
- How to add realistic character to your dogs faces, with eyebrows, cheeks and making sure it’s head’s the right shape.
- Basically me talking you through EVERY STEP of my process so that you can complete your own model with confidence and be SUPER HAPPY with the result!
This is a great tutorial to keep referring to whenever you start a model and want a bit of technical support
These videos are here for you to enjoy and also help you get ahead and progress with this fantastic craft!
**BEFORE YOU BUY**
You DON'T need this tutorial if you have bought the FULL sitting dog tutorial. This is a shorter version of the full price tutorial for you to adapt the model and make it whatever breed you want.
- A list of tools and wools used in the tutorial
- Terms and conditions
- Video 1. How to bend a wire to the body shape you want
- Video 2. How to felt around your wire shape
- Video 3 - How to add wool to shape your models body
- Video 4. How to add steel shot to weight your model
- Video 5. How to add wool and create a pose-able and realistic head shape
- Video 6. How to attach wired front legs and cover with wool
- Video 7. How to attach wired back legs and cover with wool
- Video 8. Taking the time to add realistic shape before you go any further